Although I have some nice things for Mother's Day gifts (like all natural soy candles, relaxing music cd's, etc), what many Moms love best is time with their daughters. All grown up and very busy, we sometimes spend too much time away from Mom. Once great way to spend a relaxing day together is a spa day in the same room. My ever-popular Shared Moments Package features side-by-side tables, a selection of herbal teas, sparkling cider, fine chocolates and organic fruit. You'll each receive a Warm Stone Back Massage, Seasonal Organic Facial, and Organic Sugar Foot Scrub. You'll be spending 3 hours together with me, while enjoying your treatments, relaxation time, and refreshments. Its a time to share, talk, laugh, relax and reconnect. Join me in celebrating Mom.
(Note: you can opt for individual treatments instead of the package, too, ie., facials for 2, massage for 2, etc.)
Wedding season is here again, and I've pulled out all the stops when it comes to beauty treatments ensuring picture-perfect skin for brides, their Moms, and the bridal party.
Star Power Facial - An organic "red carpet" style microcurrent facial that provides a visible lift and glow for when you need to look your best. This non-invasive treatment includes Organic Flower Grain Microdermabrasion and LED Light Therapy to clear pores, smooth texture, and firm skin, plus Micro-Current sculpting for a more defined jawline and cheekbones, bright, open eyes, and visible lift and glow to skin.
Full Body Skincare - Does your gown expose your neck, decollete, arms or back? For velvety smooth, even toned skin, consider;
Natural Looking Makeup - The trend is to let your natural beauty shine. I carry a line of organic tinted moisturizers, mineral foundations, mineral illuminators (for blush, highlighting and contouring), and organic sheer lip glosses. Just ask for a complementary application at your next appointment.
Bridal Beauty Special for 2013 - Its always a great pleasure for me to help women get ready for their wedding, so I'm offering this special package. Book the Star Power Facial and receive a Sleek Back Exfoliation plus the Arm Smooth & Tone Treatment as my gift. Call 917. 596. 9535 or email to book your appointment.
Its not always easy to get a good night's sleep when you're in your second and third trimester. Here's a few easy tips that I use to position women during prenatal massage that will help you feel more comfortable in bed;
1. Support your head and neck - Use 1 or 2 pillows under your head. The side of your head should be parallel to the bed with your neck straight, not bent toward the bed or away from the bed. Move the pillow(s) into a position where they support the neck.
2. Support the belly - in later stages of pregnancy, its helpful to have a folded towel under your belly to prevent it from pulling your lower back and hip.
3. Proper knee and foot placement - Although we're all familiar with putting a pillow between the knees, this is usually not enough. You will need 2 - 3 pillows, depending on the loft and firmness, and how wide your hips are currently (they get bigger for most women as the weeks go on). You want enough pillows to bring the knee and foot even with the height of the hip. Any less pulls on the hip and lower back; failing to support the whole foot can cause lower leg and foot cramps.
Many of my prenatal massage clients fall asleep while on my table in this position, so give it a try! You'll sleep better tonight.
Spring prompts us to clean. Its almost like we're biological wired so that when the first nice days appear, we have the urge to make everything clean. Remember to clean your makeup drawer!
1. Natural cleaners - If you have a preference for natural cleaners, try mixing rosemary, cinnamon bark, eucalyptus and lemon essential oils, mix them with a little epsom salts, and put in a spray bottle with distilled water. Colloidal silver is also an old remedy for killing bacteria.
2. Thoroughly clean - Empty your makeup drawer, wipe it down with your choice of cleaner. Don't replace the makeup yet, though. See Step 3.
3. Throw out old makeup - Old makeup is a breeding ground for bacteria. This is because you touch the makeup when you apply it, whether its with your fingers or directly to skin or eyes. Throw out any makeup following these guidelines;
*liquid foundation - older than 1 year
*powered items (foundation, eyeshadow, blush) - older than 2 years
*liquid eyeliner and mascara - older than 6 months.
*lipstick or gloss - older than 1 year
4. Clean accessories - Clean out loose shavings and disinfect your pencil sharpener, dry the sharpener, then sharpen all the makeup pencils for a clean new edge. shine mirrors with some white vinegar mixed with water. Put any metal tools like tweezers into the dishwasher. Throw out old sponges. Get replacement foam applicators for eyeshadows, or better yet, clean your make up brushes (see below) and use these instead of foam.
5. How to clean your makeup brushes - This should be done frequently for those of you with acne, but for spring cleaning purposes, start now. Wet the brushes with warm water. Put a little antibacterial soap in your palm and work the brush into it, working up a good lather. You'll see colors coming out. Rinse well and repeat until there are is no more color coming out. Blot dry and lay flat to dry on a clean towel.
Looking for a new look - let me know when you schedule and I'll give you a beautiful free makeover with some healthier cosmetics! Book you appointment by phone (917. 596. 9535) or online by clicking here.
Tips for Calm Living
Health and beauty through massage and organic skincare