See what Calm clients think...
Yelp and Citysearch Reviews
- Nina M., Author, Brooklyn, NY - Joanna is a miracle worker! I saw her recently for a semi-recurrent nasty knot in my trapezius muscle ... she restored movement and greatly lessened the pain in one session. Her individual healing attention goes beyond the massage; she'll counsel you on stretches and strengthening exercises to help you avoid further problems. In my experience, her insight, advice and treatment exceeded the care received from a physical therapist and sports medicine MD. Plus, she's got a great, gentle vibe and her brownstone spa is a soothing retreat.
- Laura B., Brooklyn, NY - My daughter's wedding was approaching and at Bodhi Salon's suggestion, I made an appointment at Calm Massage. I went in with my nerves on edge and my dear, I left there feeling wonderful. I was going to Joanna for approximately 6 months prior to the wedding, and was told by many people I looked 10 years younger. I'm still going and recommend Calm to everyone I speak to. Thank you Joanna
- Tiffany B., Non-profit Manager, Brooklyn, NY - Joanna is a true treasure! I found her ...a year ago, and have come for facials and massages. I've been all over Park Slope Brooklyn and Manhattan, and no one compares to her. She's really professional and responsive, but also really caring and relaxing. If you live in Brooklyn, this is a no-brainer!
- Dijia T., Brooklyn, NY - I was having such bad acne once I turned 35, but couldn't understand how. I went to Joanna and she started out with an exhaustive examination of my skin, health history, and personal habits. A little embarassing, but I later understood why she asked so many personal questions. I was worried about extractions, but she was gentle - she explained about some trick she used to make it easier. Then she gave me a massage as part of the facial that was better than most massages I've received during a regular massage. She found all of those knots in my shoulders. Then she finished up, and began to teach me how to take care of my skin at home, including what personal habits I could modify. Its been a few months and I can't believe how good my skin looks with the changes I've made. Joanna is the best.
- Irene B., Fashion Executive, Brooklyn, NY - Truly a hidden gem in Bay Ridge. I've tried them all and finally found what I've been looking for all these years at Calm Massage Brooklyn. The place was beautiful, filled with flowing positive energy. We sat a while to discuss my daily living, lifestyle, analyzed my skin etc.. She gave me a 75 minute facial with soothing neck, shoulder arm massage using organic products catered to my needs. They were amazing!! She even had me practice some square breathing exercises during the service since she felt the tension in my neck and shoulders. Overall she was professional, genuine and intelligent with the best quality of service thus far. Joanna followed up with a lovely email summarizing my skincare treatment and good tips. My search ends here. Calm Massage Brooklyn was an amazing experience mind body and soul.
- Danielle S., Yoga Instructor, Brooklyn, NY-
This is one
instance where I wish I could give more than 5 stars. This was the
most personalized, unique and amazing treatment I have ever had. Joanna greeted me at the
door she was very welcoming and serene. We talked about my habits, foods,
products, stress levels and health issues for a half hour. Joanna
took notes and didn't judge at all. She was looking for small changes
to help change my life and my skin for the better. I was brought out to the heated table- wrapped up all cozy and Joanna started working her MAGIC. Next was a whirlwind of hot towels, massages, peels, extractions, products and more massages galore! A lot of focus was spent on my specific trouble areas including a facial massage for my jaw pain/ clenching problem. After my treatment ...I was seated
back down on the couch to talk about the changes I
should make in my life including eating breakfast each day and I was
even given a recipe!! I was also given a skin regimen and sample products to use. You might think this was the end- but it wasn't. I
was greeted with a follow up email that had every detail of all the
suggestions, changes, and facial routine that I was struggling to
remember. This was the PERFECT experience. I will definitely be going back!!
- Vanessa R., Sales Rep., Brooklyn, NY - I asked my hair colorist where she went for facials. She recommeded Joanna and I am so glad I asked. I had the Ultimate Facial yesterday and it was amazing. I've been to other spas and sometimes it just feels robotic and uncomfortable. I didn't feel rushed at all. In fact, we ran over another 1/2 hour because she took her time to answer all the questions I had and offered some suggestion the next day that was customized just for me! That's GREAT service. I can feel a difference already and I'm looking forward to my next visit. I cant say enough good things about her and my experience._
- Dana W., Internet Marketing Manager - Wow. What a find. In a neighborhood lined with spas on every other block, this massage therapy center is a hidden gem. I was looking for a more personalized therapeutic treatment. Unlike other massage therapy centers I've been to, the treatment Joanna provides is highly personalized for individual treatment. I came with chronic pain in my back and shoulders. After a discussion of my history, she went to work and immediately identified the source of the pain and how my posture and habits were triggering it. She applied a mixture of treatments that addressed the various trigger points. After the massage, she advised me on several stretches and breathing exercises I could perform to help improve my posture and reduce the tension causing the pain. I will definitely come here again, and HIGHLY recommend it to any woman who is looking for a great massage - whether to simply reduce daily tension or for more chronic pain. If you don't live in Bay Ridge Brooklyn, this place is worth the trip.